One Magnificent Dish After Another – Friendly Waves Kauai Goodness. I ate at Friendly Waves...Read More
The Stash Cocktail at Friendly Waves on Kauai – A Cocktail Lovers Dream Come True! During my...Read More
A Whiskey & Hot Chocolate Cocktail You Don’t Want to Miss – Three Creeks Brewing Sisters, Oregon I spent part of Spring Break 2021 staying at Black Butte Ranch in Central Oregon. This was a family trip and not a work trip...Read More
A Magnificent Meal at Copper Whiskey Bar & Grill Bozeman, Montana Goodness! I am blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy some pretty damn fine meals. The best meals that I get to devour end up becoming This is Culinary...Read More
The Pacific Drift – An Exquisite Cranberry Martini Earlier this fall I loaded up Luna Santorini (my beloved white RAV4) and headed north and then west. Passing through Astoria, Oregon I crossed the Astoria-Megler Bridge...Read More
Tilt Burnside Fall 2019 Seasonal Cocktails My friend Seth Ortiz is a very, very good bartender, and he is the General Manager of Tilt Burnside. I stopped in and saw him recently, and while I was there I checked out some of his...Read More
The Moloaa Mai Tai While I was in Kauai this past March I created a terrific cocktail – Moloaa Mai Tai! This Mai Tai has Koloa Coconut Rum, Koloa Dark Rum, and POG! For those who don’t know POG is a magical beverage...Read More
Kool-Aid Pickle Cocktail Night Presented by Steven Shomler Saturday evening March 25th from 8 PM – Midnight a very special event is happening at Solae’s Lounge — Kool-Aid Pickle Cocktail Night. Solae’s...Read More
by Steven Shomler | Feb 15, 2017 | Baiju, Cocktail Event, Cocktails, Culinary Event, Great Food Great Stories Podcast, Podcast, Portland Culinary Events, Portland Culinary Festival, Portland Festival, Restaurant, Spirits, Upcoming Culinary Event, Whiskey | 0
The Great Food Great Stories Podcast is now the Portland Culinary Podcast Here is the link for Toast – The Oregon Distillers Guild Tasting Festival – Portland Culinary Podcast Episode 10...Read More
Aquavit 101 and Aquavit Week 2016 Preview with Jacob Grier — Episode 8 of the Great Food Great Stories Podcast
Aquavit 101 and Aquavit Week 2016 Preview with Jacob Grier — Episode 8 of the Great Food Great Stories Podcast with Steven Shomler In this episode Steven Shomler visits with Jacob Grier– Acclaimed Bartender,...Read More
Reverend Nat’s Holy Water(melon) Cider Cocktail Night at Box Social – Thursday September 22nd 7 PM – 11 PM
Reverend Nat’s Holy Water(melon) Cider Cocktail Night at Box Social I am huge fan of Reverend Nat’s Holy Water(melon) Cider. The very first time I took a sip of it, I loved it and I immediately thought to myself...Read More
Lardo’s New Cocktails! On Friday May 15th, 2015 Lardo introduced a new cocktail line up and I was there! Lardo Founder Rick Gencarelli commissioned renowned Portland Mixologist Justin Siemer to come with new...Read More
- A Palpable Passion for Sourdough and Pizza – The Turning Peel in Portland, Oregon
- Marie Sharp’s Culinary Treasure Interview with Steven Shomler
- Authentic German Food in Portland, Oregon!
- A Magnificent Meal at LDI Lobster on Little Deer Isle In Maine!
- The OG Burger at Friendly Waves on Kauai – An All-time Great Cheeseburger!
- One Magnificent Dish After Another – Friendly Waves Kauai
- The Pork Belly Pupu at Friendly Waves Kauai – I Can’t Even – Just Go Eat It!
- The Stash Cocktail at Friendly Waves on Kauai – A Cocktail Lovers Dream Come True!
- Something Awesome is Coming to the Oregon Coast – Cold Storage, a Commercial Kitchen, and More ~ Partners for Rural Food Systems!
- A Magnificent Meal at the Bistro in Kilauea on the Island of Kauai!
- A Magnificent Meal at Pinky’s Pizza In Portland, Oregon!
- Rhode Island’s Coffee Milk is Worth Exporting (to the rest of America)
- San Diego’s Chicken Pie Shop ~ Chicken Pot Pie Hits the Comfort Spot Like Nobody’s Business
- Har-B-Q For the Win – The New BBQ Menu at Culmination Brewing!
- A Talented Chef to Keep an Eye On ~ Musings on BBQ & New Culmination Chef Harlan Porterfield
- An Exquisite Symphony of Flavors ~ Wine Pairing Dinners Featuring Chef Sarah Pliner & Fullerton Wines
- Breakfast at Shade: The Eatery at Higgins Beach Inn Portland, Maine – A Magnificent Meal!
- A Rush and a Push Cocktail Created by Dan Marchese at Aragosta On Deer Isle Maine – Craft Cocktail Treasure!
- The Doughnut Decadence Expansion – NOLA Doughnuts Goes to Beaverton, Oregon For Their Third Location!
- The Lanikai Passion – a Fantastic Cocktail Featuring Fid Street Gin!